VIETNAMESE 5 SPICED QUAIL - CHIM CUT
This quail dish is perfect as a starter or part of a main dish. It's so simple to prepare and cook. These Lancashire quails have been marinaded overnight in an array of seasoning and simply deep fried and serve with a garnish of salad and Vietnamese mint.
Pairing: We recommend a simple Italian Prosecco.
What you'll need
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 x Whole Quails (Butterflied, Washed & Cleaned)
- 1 x Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 x Tbsp Sugar
- 1 x Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 x Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 x Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 x Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 x Tspn 5 Spice Powder
- 1/2 x Cucumber (Peeled and sliced)
- 1 x Tomato (Sliced)
- 1 x Sprig Vietnamese Mint
- 1 x Lime (Halved)
- Once you have cleaned the quails and pat them dry with a towel, in a bowl mix the quails with all the ingredients and allow to marinade for at least 4 hours or better overnight.
- Before frying, take the quails out of the fridge at least 1 hour beforehand. This allows the hot oil to remain its temperature.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or pan. Dip your chopsticks in and when you see bubbles the oil is hot and ready.
- Fry the quails in batches of 2 to allow the hot oil to keep it's temperature.
- Once cooked lay on a paper towel and wipe off any excess oil
- Plate up and serve