THAI BEEF SALAD (NAM DOK NUA) with LIME FISH SAUCE DRESSING
This Thai Beef Salad packs a punch and is full of flavour. Impress your guests with its combination of texture and flavour from the dry aged beef. This is a classic summer dish that can also be enjoyed in the Autumn & Winter months. Can be eaten on its own or part of a meal. Great paired with an Argentianian Malbec or Spanish Riberio Del Duro
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 x Sirloin Fillet 200g (Preferably Angus 28 day matured)
- 50g Carrots (Finely shredded)
- 150g Cherry Tomatoes (Sliced in 1/2)
- 150g Cucumber (Peeled & Juliened)
- 100g Sugar Snaps (Tip & Toed and sliced in 1/2)
- 1/2 a Red Onion (Finely sliced)
- 10g Coriander Leaves (Roughly chopped)
- 10g Mint (Roughly Chopped)
- 1 x Tbsp Uncooked Jasmine rice (Toasted on a dry pan and crushed for topping) (Optional)
Lime Fish Sauce Dressing
- 1 x Lime (Juice freshly squeezed)
- 1 x Garlic Clove (Finely chopped)
- 1 x Red Birdseye Chilli (Sliced) (Optional)
- 3 x Tbsp of Thai Fish Sauce
- 1 x Tbsp of Sugar
- Season the Sirloin steaks with salt and pepper and brush with veg oil. (take out and leave at room temperature at least 1 hour before cooking)
- Heat a griddle on the hob and when extremely hot - pan sear the Sirloin steaks on both sides for 2-3 minutes until both sides cooked. You want a medium rear finish. After leave to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- In a bowl mix all the fresh ingredients together and plate up.
- Place the beef on top of the salad
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the top of the Beef Salad.
- Sprinkle the toasted jasmine rice on top for flavour and crunch.