Vegetable Katsu Curry served with steaming hot rice & Salad
When the temperature plummets what better way to warm up with a nice bowl of Katsu Curry which is totally delicious, accessible and easy to make.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 4 x Purple Aubergine (1cm thick slices)
- 4 x Sweet Potato (1cm thick slices)
- 4 x Courgette (1cm thick sliced diagonally)
- 2 x Whole Shiitake Mushroom (sliced in half)
- 1 x Firm Tofu 200g
- 1 x House Java Curry Block
- 600ml Water
- 100g Corn Flour (for dusting)
- 200g Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 x Beaten Egg (Omit if vegan)
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Japanese Fukuzuke & Tsubozuke pickles to garnish
- Dust the vegetables & tofu in the corn flour, dip with the beaten egg and coat with the Panko breadcrumbs
- Heat the oil in a wok or pot to the right temperature and deep fry the vegetables until it floats to the top and breadcrumbs are golden. Rest on tissue paper once cooked.
- In a pan add the water and blocks of Java Curry and simmer on a low to medium heat until curry sauce has thicken (Careful the sauce does not overflow)
- Plate the vegetables on top of rice and ladle the curry sauce on top.
- Serve with Japanese Pickles and salad.